Universal schedules release date for “The Mummy” on Digital, DVD and Blu-ray!
This morning I woke up to exciting news that I know most of you will enjoy – The Mummy will be available on digital August 22nd, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand on September 12th. Having just opened in theaters on June 9th, Universal has wasted no time in seeing it get its home entertainment release.
In a press release provided by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, we have learned that The Mummy will contain over an hour of never-before-seen bonus features. You could view what those features will be below:
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™ AND DVD:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Cruise & Kurtzman: A Conversation Rooted in Reality – Tom Cruise and Alex Kurtzman discuss the making of The Mummy.
- Rooted in Reality – Filmmakers and cast reveal how they broke away from old tropes and traditions to create a dynamic and realistic 21st century monster movie.
- Life in Zero-G: Creating the Plane Crash – Watch Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis, and the crew shoot the incredible plane sequence.
- Meet Ahmanet – Sofia Boutella shares the excitement of reinventing a monster icon.
- Cruise in Action – A behind-the-scenes look at Tom Cruise’s most memorable Mummy stunts.
- Becoming Jekyll and Hyde – Find out how the casting of Russell Crowe brought a bold new dimension to the roles of Jekyll and Hyde.
- Choreographed Chaos – Watch as cast and filmmakers create an epic outdoors clash between ancient and modern worlds.
- Nick Morton: In Search of a Soul – Tom Cruise describes what drew him to play a man seemingly without a soul.
- Ahmanet Reborn Animated Graphic Novel – Witness Ahmanet’s descent into the monstrous underworld as she is reborn into the Goddess of Chaos and Wrath.
- Feature Commentary with director and producer Alex Kurtzman, and cast members Sofia Boutella, Annabelle Wallis and Jake Johnson
I could not be more excited for the release of The Mummy, especially with all of the exciting bonus features, and most especially considering that the film opened not more than a month ago. This, however, marks a bittersweet moment for Universal Monsters Universe as we began the conversation about the first entry in the “Dark Universe” back during the days of pre-production. The release of The Mummy on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD will be the culmination of all of our work.
As always, stay tuned to Universal Monsters Universe for the latest on “The Mummy” and the Universal Monsters Universe of films.
Tom Cruise headlines a spectacular, all-new cinematic version of the legend that has fascinated cultures all over the world since the dawn of civilization: The Mummy.
Thought safely entombed in a tomb deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient princess (Sofia Boutella of Kingsman: The Secret Service and Star Trek Beyond) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.
From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters.
The Mummy is directed by Alex Kurtzman, from a script by Jon Spaihts, Dylan Kussman, and Christopher McQuarrie. The film stars Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis, Jake Johnson, Marwan Kenzari, Courtney B. Vance, Russell Crowe and Sofia Boutella. The film is now playing in theaters everywhere.
(Steven Biscotti – @reggiemantleIII)